Monday, December 21, 2009

The Universe, our Solar System, Earth, All homes, and all dollhouses...

I was amazed to own some of the


antiques in the book and had fun taking pictures of them with my granddaughter.





The book is beautifully illustrated and we sought to copy them in pictures.


















Especially at this time of year we acknowledge the wonder of life. I am thankful my friend Redrickshaw showed me "Big Susan" by Elizabeth Orton Jones. It is a Christmas storey.




Written in 1947, before even I was born, the author uses the dollhouse as a microcosm for life. There is mishap and problem solving. It's about the relationships of love, helping, wanting, needing and receiving through a Christmas gift.


Susan represented for the dolls forces they do not understand or control. This is where the idea of Faith comes in. Whatever your religion or spirituality, may you have a Blessed Holiday!

It's Redrickshaw's stream on Flickr and she wonders if any people know this book? She is on her way through the snow to celebrate Christmas at her sister's. Jolly show! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Dana R. Farcas said...

wow! beautifull story

My Realitty said...

Thank you, I love the book! CM