Friday, September 3, 2010

Triang Livingroom: Tootsietoy

The living room is furnished with Tootsietoy furniture see: http://www.mckendry.net/DOLLHOUSES/1920s.htmis  for more pictures.
  The little fireplace is an English antique. The two mirrors in this photo are Tynie Toy made in the 1920s or there abouts. The little silver set was purchased new for my daughters in 1985. I have chased those little pieces hither and yon since then!Tootsietoys survive because they are made of sturdy metal. This picture shows the 3 kinds of livingroom lamps.
This add of the tot sitting on the dollhouse is from McKendrey's history. It is to show how strong the cardboard houses were.

This is the "Mansion" also from McKendry's history. It is in revival Spanish style. I love it, so 20's 30's. It brings a high price at auction as there were less made, and fewer still intact.This is a Tynie Toy English hunting scene from the '20s. It belongs here as this IS an English house after all. The wall papers are Jennifer's printables. Love all the period pieces to choose from!
I love the club chair. The dining room table in brown can be seen behind it. The rug is an antique.

11 comments:

Kikka N said...

HI!
I adore that "Mansion" from McKendry's history...what a pearl in the Dollhouseworld!

My Realitty said...

Kikka, I also want it in real size! C

Unknown said...

¡Tienes una joya!
Besos Clara

christine said...

you have made this house so comfy looking... i could live here! or, it could live with me!! christine xx

My Realitty said...

Hi Clara and Christine. Ha, ha come play here, C.

The House of Lisa said...

I like this style too! The lamps are georgeous!

diePuppenstubensammlerin said...

Wonderful blog header, too.

Barb said...

Very nice. I love your 1920's look.

My Realitty said...

Hi DPS and Barb, the header is a pic from McKendry's site too. I was so happy the day I found her histry. Really opened my eyes. C

Pubdoll said...

I tried to make a comment, but got an error response, so I try again.
I really like the style of the interior in this house and the wallpaper is gorgeous!

Rebecca said...

I love the atmosphere you've created here - the wallpaper is wonderful, and the Tootsietoy furniture is perfect for this house. I love the Tynie Toy mirrors - I'd love to have one myself, but so far haven't managed to win one! - and the hunting picture too (especially as it has a lot of open green fields in it, and no animals at bay!) I can just imagine having tea here on a winter afternoon, with the fire crackling and the lamps glowing - I hope there are some cakes on that tea trolley too!