Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Triang Livingroom


Strombecker and Dol-toi furniture with a Tootsietoy piano bench for zest. Notice the Dol-toi fireplace. It is wood mimicing tile. The pictures are contemporary.
This house is old but I love the straight lines. The deco furniture by Strombecker and Dol-toi are just the right scale. I chose a yellow and blue color scheme and the 1930's wallpaper is Jennifer's free printables at http://www.jennifersprintables.com/. What do I have in mind for the unfinished wall? Who knows.
What can I say about this Strombecker side table and deco lamps! They are made of wood. The style of table is still popular and can be seen in the new Emerson dollhouse furniture by Brinca dada. ( If your Emerson is up and running raise your hand!)
These are the smaller scale Strombecker. The footstool gives it that moderne look.
I love this Dol-toi piano. It is yellow and the sheet music charmingly says "Dol-toi tunes". I think the moderne coffee table is Dol-toi too.
Ruh Roh, Dad had a bad day at work. "It's the ecconomy, dear" Mrs. Celluloid said. "Everyone's suffering..." Notice the gold glitter glued to Mrs. Celluloids's arm. What is that about???
Mrs. Celluloid talked to her neighbor, Mrs. Mergatroid. "Have another Martini dear," Mrs. Mergatroid said, "you'll feel better after that". Please notice the vintage plastic tray and cocktail shaker. About eight months ago the little glass with the cherry disappeared at my younger assistants house. Last week it rolled out of the guestroom closet. Never give up if something goes missing... Let me know if I am incorrect in the credits. Thanks, C

5 comments:

Pan said...

This is the sort of stuff I like! Lovely post :-)

My Realitty said...

Thank you Pan, it is somewhat unconventional. C

Shale said...

Your Emerson comment is very apt. I like it when collections can connect from past to present even to the future of dollhouse items. I think that's the whole point of collecting - the connections, both tangible and emotional.

I love the living room and the art. Poor father. It's lucky that in the past they weren't worried about children becoming alcoholics ans made a lot of potent potable accessories. ;-)

Susan

My Realitty said...

So do you think someday there will be a lot of pristine boxed Emersons on ebay? C

Shale said...

Perhaps. I haven't opened mine yet, but that's just because of lack of space and no time. If I procrastinate long enough maybe I can make a fortune. LOL

Susan