Friday, February 25, 2011

May I be the first to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving...


 What?
 Well, it's like this. Last November I blogged about the Celluloid dolls from my collection in the 1930's Triang house. All year I had seen wonderful celluloid and plastic turkeys for sale. That month, when I needed one? Zero.

So even though our next holiday is St. Paddy's Day, I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving NOW. 


And look what I found. The plumpest, silliest turkey ever!
Here they are from last November, waiting for dinner. The maid is asking... "Where's the tukley?" No one knows.


 That's the tricky thing about collections. Get one item and it leads to a next. Get a Celluloid Mom doll and then you'll see a Dad. Pretty soon you have a family. It's as it they reproduce by themselves.


 Ultimately I located this little Fisher Price turkey just in the nick of time. The Celluloids had Thanksgiving. And they were greatful.

 But check out this baby! Plump. Nice neck.



And... here is my dilemma. Do I put it away as I will admit Thanksgiving is a bit down the road. Or do I leave it out?
If I put it away I may never be able to relocate it in all my miniature stuff. I mean everything is so small.

If I leave it out it may end up with teeth marks as my little assistant is still not always clear about what is real and what is not. Especially when it is this tempting. 

Plaster or celluloid I think vintage miniature food is comical.
And that is taking nothing away from all the incredible miniture food artists you see today! Right Anthoula?
Just my thoughts today after I got the mail. Cheers, C

7 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

You make me laugh! It's better to celebrate a miniature Thanksgiving now than never! ~Val

Daydreamer said...

I know what you mean about the dolls reproducing in your collection... don't turn your back for a minute! LOL!
I Love your celluloid turkey! So plump and juicy and clean! I would leave it out in the place of honor.... Sunday dinner every week? Otherwise you will not have the chance to ENJOY the plump beauty of it!

Sans! said...

Maybe I can send you all my plastic food? :)

My Realitty said...

Hi Miss Val, it used to be we needed to "keep it real" now I feel we need to keep it light... C

My Realitty said...

Dude, Plaster is yummy too! C

The House of Lisa said...

who can resist a plaster turkey?

My Realitty said...

Good point Daydreamer! Everyone's invited to Sunday dinner. C