Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rosetta Stone




Like many mini people I am attached like a limpet to 1/12 scale.
Then I saw this 1950-60s Mattel vintage Barbie furniture. After I got it I realized it is Slightly smaller than 1/6 but was too big for my 1/12 houses.




Hence the undertaking of the I House. The lamp is from the Jonathan Adler Collection and originally hot pink. I have two and painted one orange and one black.


Here is the picture in color. Love that '60's Orange. So this is the direction I want to go in for the I house.

                                      Sindy lamp before.

Sindy lamp after with minimodernistas chair. Love change!
CM

8 comments:

Hunky Dory said...

I'm so curious about what kind of paint you use on things like the lamps. Would you mind sharing the info?

My Realitty said...

Usually I use spray paint for plastics, but with the orange lamp I couldn't wait so I used acrylic water color paint from the tube and it made a nice texture and some of the hot pink shows through.
The nice thing about miniatures is...the paint you do buy lasts a long time. :) C

Fabiola said...

Black lamp is fantastic!
Bye Faby

My Realitty said...

Thank you Faby! CM

Shale said...

I love the old Mattel furniture too. It looks great with the new accessories.
Susan

My Realitty said...

Hi Shale, Yes wood of any age look so warm. C

Hunky Dory said...

Hi C, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

My Realitty said...

May I call you... Hunky? For sure! CM